Why you’ll love it
- You get a bike that rides like your favourite trail bike on descents and gives you adaptive assist on the climbs that doesn’t make you feel like a cheat
- Its tiny-but-mighty TQ transmission is tuned for the trail, keeping things quiet so you can stay in the moment, plus it ramps up power with you for a natural ride feel
- The smart charge port, sleek integrated display and discreet controls keep the bike looking and feeling like a traditional mountain bike
- It keeps your ride silky smooth even when the trail gets rowdy thanks to the upgraded RockShox suspension package that offers 150 mm of front and 140 mm of rear travel
- You’ll be able to add on a range extender when you want a little extra fuel in the tank for big days on the bike
It’s right for you if…
You want a lively trail bike that feels like a traditional mountain bike in quick, techy terrain, but gives you a little boost in pedal power on the way back up. You want space-age technology everywhere from motor to drivetrain, and upgraded suspension that keeps you floating on the trail. You don’t want to lose out on the natural experience of mountain biking, and want a refined motor that quietly assists while you ride.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame equipped with a fully encased 360 Wh battery and TQ harmonic pin ring transmission with a smart charging port, integrated LED display and discreet handlebar remote. Plus, a 150 mm RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork with DebonAir spring and Charger 2.1 RC damper, and 140 mm RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ rear suspension. The cherry on top? A wireless SRAM GX AXS drivetrain that keeps your cockpit minimalist and clean.
The final word
The Fuel EXe 9.8 is a refined trail bike with just the right amount of power for scorching climbs before turning around to rally though technical and flow trails alike. Its equipped with future-minded technology, like the space-approved TQ transmission and wireless SRAM GX AXS shifting that keeps your cockpit minimalist. Finally, carbon wheels and an upgraded RockShox suspension package keeps you floating on the trail even when the conditions get hairy.