New entry-level road pedal system for 2020, combining top tier looks with new rider functionality. Building on the durability and feel of the R540s, the RS500s are entry-level road pedals for beginner riders looking to up their game. Updating a classic, these pedals combine the look and performance of higher tier pedals with a newer, simpler functionality, making the SPD-SL pedal system even more accessible.
- Tried-and-tested SPD-SL design. The road-specific SPD-SL system secures the shoe securely to the pedal for reliable integration of bike and rider, for total control and a fluid riding experience.
- Quick, light-action disengagement. Features a lighter spring action than the original R540s, facilitating easier engagement and disengagement for beginners or any rider in dangerous, high-traffic areas.
- Improved transmission. A wider platform body than the old R540s transfers power effectively from foot to crankarm for all out speed on the road.
- Long ride comfort. Wide bearing placement distributes load evenly across the platform for a stable, comfortable pedal stroke.
- Low maintenance. The sealed cartridge axle unit is built to last, keeping you on the road and out of the workshop.